Learners on our courses are entitled to a travel allowance. The travel allowance is a contribution towards the learners cost of travel based on the distance from the learners place of residence to the place of training.
An accommodation allowance can be paid to learners who relocate in order to attend a course.
COURSE PARTICIPANT TRAVEL ALLOWANCES
|MILES / KILOMETRES||RATE* PER WEEK|
|3 – 5 miles / 5 – 8 kilometres||€4.60|
|5 – 10 miles / 8 – 16 kilometres||€11.90|
|10 – 20 miles / 16 – 32 kilometres||€17.60|
|20 – 30 miles / 32 – 48 kilometres||€21.60|
|30 – 40 miles / 48 – 64 kilometres||€27.70|
|40 – 50 miles / 64 – 80 kilometres||€32.60|
- If a course participant is in receipt of a travel allowance, accommodation allowances are not payable.
- If a course participant is in receipt of an accommodation allowance, travel allowances are not payable.
- Every eﬀort should be made to reduce the actual cost of travel through measures such as block purchase, weekly tickets, etc.
- *These rates are the maximum payable for the single journey distance from the course participant’s residence to the location of the training course.
- Travel Allowances are not payable to participants on Night Training courses.
ACCOMMODATION AND MEAL ALLOWANCES
|COURSE PARTICIPANT ACCOMMODATION ALLOWANCES||€/DAY||€/WEEK|
|Maximum Rate Payable||€13.98||€69.90|